This was not easy and took me two hours to figure out. Here’s how I got it working.
Download Jetpack Plugin
- You first need to download the Jetpack plugin.
- Activate that plugin.
- When you first see the options you won’t see it, you have to click the See Other 28 Features button
Enable Comments in Markdown
- Enable comments in Markdown by going to Settings > Discussion
Download Crayon Syntax Highlighter
- Download and Activate Crayon Syntax Highlighter plugin
- Go into Crayon settings and make the following changes:
- In Crayon settings choose the theme you want.
Add your fencing tags
- Open and close your fencing tags
- Add three backticks to open and three backticks to close
- You also specify your coding language after the three opening backticks
<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en"> <head> <meta charset="UTF-8"> <title>test</title> </head> <body> <div class="container"> <h1>Important stuff</h1> </div> </body> </html>
Ant that’s all you need to do to start writing blogs using Markdown and showing your code in a readable format.